All information and products about hair extensions, online resources for a variety of brand name human hair extensions and synthetic hair extensions, including Look of Love, Paula Young, TressAllure, Revlon...
What is hair extension
extension is adding hair (human or synthetic) onto your own hair by
means of Weaving, Braiding, Strand-By-Strand, or Bonding.
A skilled beautician in a salon normally applies it, but many
individuals have been applying it in the convenience of their own home.
Hair extensions can make you look and feel younger and beautiful. With
instant long and luscious hair that you wear on a regular basis, you
can sleep with it, wash and care for it like your own hair.
You can also cut and style to fit your look.
Why wear hair extension?
- First and foremost, it enhances you look with longer and fuller
hair. If you ever wondered what you would look like with longer and
fuller hair, or simply to change your look this is a great way.
- If you have hair-thinning problem due to various reason, this is a
great solution for you. By adding Real hair to your own or wearing
wigs, you can have the fullness that you have been searching for.
- Men who experience hair thinning problem or male pattern baldness
and looking for way to improve their look can take advantage of
wonderfully designed, hand made toupees and hairpiece.
How do you wear it?
There are four methods in which you wear hair extensions. These are the
general terms the industry uses the individual who is performing the
job ranging from braid weave, tree braids, individuals, latch hooks.
Handmade extensions are thicker and of better quality. They tend to last longer than machine made ones.
- Weaving : a process in which you create tracks on the individual's
head and sew the extension on. This method is the most widely used in
adding hair extensions.
- Braiding : a process in which you add extension by braiding it in.
there are many types of braiding techniques, which varies from one
skilled beautician to another. Tree braid, Braid Weave or individuals,
Cornrow, and French Braid are just to name a few.
- Fusion: A process in which the extension hair is attached directly
to your own hair by heated glue sticks. In this method, and acrylic
glue stick is placed inside a glue gun, which heats and melts the glue.
Then, the extension and the glue are attached directly onto the
- Bonding: The simplest method. Bonding glue is brushed or applied
onto the weft of the extension hair and then it is applied at the root
of the individual's hair. A remover the glue comes with can easily
remove it. This is a temporary method.
- Crochet & Hook : Pre-braided bulk hair. This was created to save time when braiding.
- Dread Locks & Twist: Dread Locks are knotted strand of hair,
they are so tangled up that you can not undo them. If you don't want
them anymore after half a year, you can not really grow them out cut by
then the newly grown hair tangles up automatically. You can try to undo
some of it, but don't, cut its going to be on big mess. You can shave
them off all off or cut them all off have real short hair.
- Wrap or Geles(in Yoruba): can be achieve in multiple ways. There is
no wrong or right way to tie a wrap. Basically you begin with about 2
yards of cloth, depending upon the size you desire(the more fabric the
bigger the wrap), then you just wrap, twist and tuck.